Sunday, June 8, 2008

chicken soup

I am not feeling well today. A weather related migrane. I am glad to have started cooking as I think the steam and spices lossen up things in my head. Not that most things are not exceptionally loose already.

Kapusta
I am cooking Gail Guzik's recipe as I write. I'll update that thread.

Chicken soup

I have for a long while made rich broth from left over fowl carcasses and frozen them in small jars for use as soup starters. This really makes a free meal. I can take the basically unspiced broth and add whatever leftovers need to be cooked along with appropriate spices.

So this time the snap beans we have been munching raw are getting a bit brown in spots. I picked through them, eliminated brown spots, broken them in half, added a can of yellow wax beans, some small portobello mushrooms and some wilting celery. Soup. Chicken soup usually helps the headache as well.

When eating it I felt it needed onion. That could just be me. I seem to need a good shot of onion and ground black pepper in everything. I cut some of the scallions we bought at Honest Weight foods, ate the onion part and cut the green ends and put them in the soup so next time I have a bowl there will already be onion flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment