Sunday, June 8, 2008

President's Chicken

This is not really a healthy recipe, just the favorite of Elizabeth's boys when I met her. Bernadette retained the recipe in detail and here is the copy:

Here is the recipe in exact words, as given to me by Elizabeth some time before we got married:

4 whole chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
Juice of 1 lemon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to broil. Melt butter and mix with lemon and all spices. Put chicken in a shallow baking pan. Pour sauce over chicken.

Broil 30-35 minutes. Turn over once while broiling. Serve with rice.

** For the last few years, I've personally been making this with a lot of extra sauce (just increasing the recipe ingredients), adding pine nuts and serving it over egg noodles or some other pasta. I love lemon, so I usually put way too much lemon in it so Keith won't like it and I'll get to eat it all! Thanks for the recipe, Elizabeth!
Bernie's remarks

No comments:

Post a Comment