Newer posts are newer recipes collected. Not all are really weight loss. After a while they are arranged alphabetically by food, but that seemed too much bother. For the most part, I am just trying not to forget what I've encountered.
I am a retired English teacher, now fisherman, gambler, reader, writer, puttering around the lake house and doing a bit of traveling whenever I can. Vegas is a vacationing hobby. Art museums are another. I enjoy interaction with strangers, so post a comment
• 3 cups of water
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
• 2 cardamom, green ones preferably
• Sugar to taste
• Tea (leaves or bag)
• 1 inch ginger root slice
• 1-2 cloves
• 1/8 black pepper
Procedure to Prepare Indian Masala Tea:
• First and foremost, crush cinnamon, ginger, cloves, black pepper and cardamom lightly.
• Pour 3 cups of water in a saucepan and put it on flame. Then add above mentioned crushed mixture of ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper into the heating water.
• Let the mixture boil and then simmer it for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
• Then remove the saucepan from the gas and cover it for 3-4 minutes. So that all the spices get the chance to infuse their distinct aromatic flavor in the concoction.
• Now add sugar (or let people add it as per their tastes later), tea and milk in the mixture.
• Once again put the mixture on the gas and let it boil on the medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
• Your Indian Masala Tea is ready to be served. Pour the mixture in cups with the help of a strainer. Serve it hot with snacks.