Wednesday, July 23, 2008

15 BEAN SOUP

This started in Florida.  I brought from Averill Park a large can of spinach, a package of 15 beans, and a large can of diced tomato with basil and oregano.  I used the fast soak method for the beans, boiling them and then letting them stand for an hour, then draining them and tossing them in the spinach and the tomato with a good bit of Bruce's organic garlic, a little Italian spice.
Well, it was fine except it was overpowered with the spiniach.  Too much.
Gradually, I made bowls that were combined with vegetable broth from the market.
That was good.
I added in Indian spice and that was good too, although I liked the Patak's tika marsala in a jar rather than the powdered spices for tika marsala I brought with me.

Really good was adding some cream of mushroom soup and the Patak's to the soup and that made a delicious, well balanced taste.  Elizabeth put hers in a blender and the made a smooth soup, like pea soup only with all the beans.
January 2012 in Florida.
This one is well worth cooking on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment