Wednesday, July 30, 2008

apples- Baked apples stuffed

This is not an unlimited food. Eat in small portions.

I adapted a recipe from Mollie Katzan' The Enchanted Broccoli Forest
Mollie is famous for the Moosewood cookbooks and collaborated on the Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less book with Dr. Willet.

STUFFED BAKED APPLES

1/4 cup tart cooking apples
10/25/08 I used macintosh
1/4 cup Grape Nuts Cereal
1/4 cup finely minced walnuts
10/25/08 I used chopped
1/4 cup cinnamon
10/25/08 I used peach juice and forgot the cinnamon
a small handful of raisins or currants
10/25/08 I used chopped prunes
2 tbs hone
10/25/08 I used a bit of maple syrup

Still the idea was the same. Core the apples. (10/25/08 I used a long fillet like knife) Mix the stuffing in a bowl and push the stuffing in the apples tight. No baking setting was in the recipe. 10/25/08 I used 350 for 40 minutes and did them in Elizabeth's toaster oven. Next time I'll use the roaster and a bit deeper pan. Put a bit of water in the pan.

She recommends a dab of yogurt or a wedge of cheese.
10/25/08 I used neither.

10/25/08 The top burned a bit. Use the other roaster oven so the stuffing is not so close to the top burner. Otherwise just fine. Very sweet and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment