Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wraps

Well, not exactly. Nothing will rhyme here.

I have explored the calorie count for many wraps and found that they were quite high. I read that corn tortillas were just 45 calories, but the ones I have seen are 100. At Guido's market in Massachusettes I found a wrap from Sam's bakery which is just 56 calories probably because it has no fat. It is made from millet and flax and called Lavash. Sam's Pita bakery is actually located in Tampa (813) 989-2722. Perhaps I will buy some down there.

I found another one at Miller's that was about 50 calories but I don't have the name.

No where else have I found any wraps anywhere near 50 calories.

Today I made a wrap and took a lesson from INN-N-OUT burder protein style. I used leaves from the iceberg lettuce and I was amazed as how easy that was and how good it tasted. I stuffed it with cut veggies, bean sprouts, a little soy mayo, and some salted capers. It was really good and I did not have to limit quantity. I had three. In some cases the lettuce did not peel a large leaf and I had to eat the wrap with knife and fork, but generally I could pick it up in my hand and crunch a portion of it.
**************************************************************************************
2/16/2009
Susan Johnson made some soy chorizo, smashed black beans, finely chopped onion, and some finely chopped roasted peppers to those long romaine leaves. She cooked down the chorizo and chilled the mixture. Then loaded the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment