Thursday, January 31, 2008

venison al fredo

June 6 2009
I should have used whole wheat pasta, but I have so much of this spaghetti that I just used up some of it.

I had cooked some venison yesterday smothered in onion with a bit of olive oil. It was one of the tougher pieces and hard to chew. But I had been hungry for it.
today I sliced the venison in the tiniest of pieces, letting it shred where it wanted to. I put that in a pan with left over onions and peppers from my poker party and just using the oil left in those veggies slowly heated up the meat and peppers.
I added salt and pepper.
When the pasta was almost done boiling, I added a few spoons of the fat free sour cream that is but 25 calories for two tablespoons. I turned the cold sour cream into the heated mix and then just let it sit on very low setting (2 or 3)

When the pasta was done and the mixture reheated, I put some pasta on my plate and topped it with the mixture and a sprinkling of parmesian cheese.
Very, very good and the venison could be chewed a bit in its small cut state. Nice flavor, the sour cream complementing the strong venison flavor. Hard not to overeat.

1 comment:

  1. 08/2010
    If I grind the venison first in the new grinder, I won't have tough meat to contend with.

    ReplyDelete