Monday, August 24, 2020

INSTAPOT STEAK CARROTS ONION

 I had some rather tough sirloin, so I decided to just try it in the instapot and see.  I could sear it in the pot, but I just browned it quickly in the fry pan and then put it in about three quarters of beef broth.

I added these spices

Worchester Sauce

granulated garlic

black pepper

Benson's masterpiece meat spice

I put in a yellow onion cut in pieces and topped the steak and onion with small, already peeled carrots.

I set the time for five minutes.  I then let the steam escape slowly for five more as that is supposed to not make it so tough.


RESULT:  The steak was just as tasty as pan fried, but not much less tough.  I think 5 minutes is too much for medium rare.  It ended medium.  Carrots cooked well. Spices were good.   I used Benson's salt at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment