Monday, August 3, 2020

BEEF STEW

I bought a cheap cut of steak and cut it up for stem.  Actually, I fried a piece and ate it and it was just as good as other steak.  Hard to know.

I added in cut up russet potatoes and carrots.  Eliz bought the already peeled carrots, and that is usually not my pick.

I cut up some white and two red onions.  Tossed in some california garlic and cooked the mess in beef broth.  Later I saw that most recipes call for corn starch, so I stirred that in along with Worchester sauce.  I cooked it most of the day and it turned out very tasty.

******************************************************************************


Things to consider
mushrooms
peas
worchester sauce
garlic

I don't want tomato paste

red pepper
corn starch to thicken

I like thyme but not elizabeth

Once it is cooked, take out a bowl and add sour cream and thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment