Wednesday, July 8, 2020

LONDON BROIL ON THE GRILL

I have not been grilling much, so the today I picked to do a London broil and then came thunderstorms and a huge and heavy downpour.

I still did the grill in the garage.

London Broil is a tough cut.  I pounded it a bit.  Flavored it with pepper and California garlic.
It cooked ups well, with a good medium rareness and was very tasty.  But tough.

When I was young and broke and going to class days and key punching nights, I used to grill these when they were on sale.  I remember one in the backyard on Clinton Avenue.  Frank was just a few months old and he puttered about in the nice yard with me.  That yard was a real treat with large old trees and plenty of open space.   I remember being very happy.
Out grill was a cheap one with no cover, so it took work to cook a thick piece of  beef.  I had to monitor it.  Margot must have cooked the rest of the meal indoors.
Funny what we remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment