Friday, July 3, 2020

LOBSTER IN PAN OR INSTAPOT

Hard to figure time on boiled lobster.  Elizabeth said about 3 minutes but I remember from last time it was more than that on the package.  Could it be 11 minutes.  Seems long.  Most of what I read is about that time. I'll try it.

INSTAPOT

3 minutes, high pressure, quick release, 4 cups of water, trivet, ~1.5-2lb lobster. Caught by a friend I stayed with in Boston this weekend. Made two in a row this way, both came out great.

Had trouble finding much beyond lobster tails anywhere online in an instant pot. Make sure they were alive just before cooking. Zoidberg-y red shelled, tails curled tight when done, tail meat 135degreesF. If you've made it this far, hope it helps :)
********************************************************
Another poster went to 8 minutes.

******************************************************
Another went with just two cups water and a cup of beer.  4 minutes

Not successful.  I got good steam, but it never started the timer.  We took it out cooked, but felt like the steam gadget was not working, just leaking, not sealing.  I think we are back to cooking them in boiling water and a large pot.

I've researched and it much more than three minutes.  At least nine of ten.  I may do eleven.  Time for two lobsters is the same as for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment