Friday, February 1, 2008

Turkey sausage at Abigail's

Turkey sausage ( I play around with the spices, but this is the general idea)

package of lean ground turkey
salt or tamari
worcester
red pepper flakes
black pepper
curry ( (go light with this unless you want it to taste like curry sausage)
rosemary
basil
fennel (really makes it taste like sausage)
a couple of tablespoons of olive oil
a cup (more or less) applesauce
a cup ( more or less) oatmeal

I never measure anything, so everytime I make it I use different spices. You can really play around with it until you hit on something you like. I freeze them into patties and pull them out in the morning one or two at a time. I cook them in a little bit of olive oil on top of the stove. I bet they could also be baked.
That's it.
Enjoy!

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Elizabeth Reid <ereid001@gmail.com> wrote:
Abigail,
I raved about your Turkey Sausage to Jen and Ann Marie and they both want the recipe and so do I. I found Zonya on line and there is a Turkey Meatloaf recipe that is similar but the sausage one is is the cookbook you have to buy.

http://www.zonya.com/tv_season1.html

Could you hit reply all and tell all of us the ingredients you use?

Thanks again for a great breakfast. Love, ~~~E

No comments:

Post a Comment