Monday, February 4, 2008

Spinach portobella soup

May 23. 2010
Eliz in Greece

Well, I'll try to reproduce what happened:

I had fresh whole spinach from Guido's that was too old for salad and I cooked it up in some basil vinegar, my new addictive food, and garlic.
This was good.
I had a very small bottle of venison soup and decided to mix the two with a can of chicken broth.  I added that organic pepper spice mix from Florida and sliced in some portobella mushrooms.
Well, it was okay, but strong on the spice and the mushrooms.  I need to use them more sparingly than regular mushrooms as they are rich in flavor.
So I took the left overs today, added a can of cream of chicken soup and whipped it all up with that electric wand that creamed the spinach and the mushrooms.
This turned out the best of all the cooking and made a fine meal with multigrain Wasa crumbled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment