Sunday, January 2, 2022

LAMB STEW

 Used a left over leg of lamb,  At first it looked too long for the slow cooker, but it easily cracked in two at the joint.  

I cut up celery, carrots, potatoes, red onions, red peppers and put them in the bottom with a half box of chicken broth.

I added tarragon, garlic powder, black pepper and some of this mixed spice called Kickin' Chicken.

I put the lamb on top.

I set it on 4 hour high setting, but it took a long while to start cooking.  At 4 hours I reset it on a lower setting after seeing that it was almost done.  I cut the lamb off the bone and let it cook a while.  Then I put it on the "warm setting" until Elizabeth got home to eat some.

********************************

We loved the lamb stew each time we had it. That spice has a bit of bite, but not one that turns Elizabeth off.    I watered mine down a bit more with chicken broth.  Then on the last night I put a dollop of sour cream in before warming it in the microwave.  That was very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment