Wednesday, September 15, 2021

KATIE'S LASAGNA

 Sure! Basic lasagna of any kind... I just used hearts of palm noodles which we get on Amazon... one time I used eggplant, unpeeled and just sliced.. next time I used zucchini... I think you liked it better.  Layer tomato sauce, noodles, ricotta or cottage cheese, veggies,  parmesan as a top layer... as many layers as your dish or you like... Bake at 350 degrees or a bit more for 30 to 45 minutes...My noodles are pre cooked so it is just to get things melted and bubbling...


I might have used trader joe"s mixed spice which is kind of like herbs of provence without salt.  Can"t remember but whatever spice you like with Lasagna is fine. 

My methodology is not exact.  I look at online recipes and improvise with my own ingredients and spices I like.  I think veggie lasagna is pretty much a hit no matter what.  Hearts of Palm noodles were good but any kind of noodle and if they like pasta that is yummy too.  Hearts of Palm noodles reduce both the salt content and the sugar load for Dewey.  Also if they don't use cheese products I think you can skip that but it makes it tasty to me.  

Love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment