Monday, December 30, 2019

CHICKEN SOUP THIGHS AND LEFT OVERS

December 30

I'm getting ready for Florida in small steps.  Today, I shut down Elizabeth's refrigerator, tossing a lot of stuff, putting some in the downstairs freezer, and using up the squeeze basil and squeeze parsley and two dried jalapeno in a soup that uses up the chicken thighs.
I started with three jars of veggie juice from the freezer.
I used up the jar of minced garlic, Katie's fresh now dried  thyme, a small container of smoked paprika, celery and carrots.
I also added black pepper and turmeric, an onion and a half.
I expanded with water, but am cooking it all down.  It gains flavor every ten minutes.
The thighs were boneless.  I took them out and cut them up.
Chicken broth seems unnecessary.  Plenty of flavor.
I put the carrots in late in the process so they don't just go to mush.

Doing the last peeling of carrots, I peeled a nice slice of my thumb.  Damn thing was a bitch to get stopped bleeding, but I guess I got it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment