Saturday, March 30, 2019

Egg Salad to George's and at home.


EGG SALAD AT HOME

Mixed eggs with mayo, smoked paprika, onion powder, black pepper, turmeric and a healthy squeeze of lemon.  
Very good.  Eggs were done in Instapot, then dropped into ice filled cold water and left in refrigerator for a good while.  That made them easy to peel.  
I still have trouble getting them out of the Instapot.  The grating does not help, they just fall off.  I guess I need a spoon or that wide tongs.


here was a real character at this picnic who stayed pretty much in the garage eating food. He was very skinny. He made no bones about coming for the food. He took a bowl of my egg salad and started raving about to everyone. Then Elizabeth told him I made it, and he called me over and said it was the best he had eaten. I felt pretty fine about that. He clearly ate a good bit of food everywhere. We had been wondering what we would do when we left to take our bowl with us. No problem. Scraped clean. I'm not certain that I can reproduce it because I kept tasting spices before I added them. It included turmeric, black pepper,  couple scoops of pickle relish, paprika (very common in recipes), fresh dill, a touch of key lime juice, eggs done in the Instapot, Heldman's mayo, a small amount of finely chopped white onion, one bunch of chopped scallions. The eggs were chunked, not forked to a creamy constancy. I stirred carefully. I did not measure much, not even the mayo/egg ratio. It was made the day before and stored in the refrigerator. I really think that brought out flavors, especially the dill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment