Sunday, June 18, 2017

duck roasted

http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2009/02/11/the-best-way-to-roast-a-duck-hello-crispy-skin/

how to roast a duck

key seems to be turning

  1. Score the skin, cut off excess fat, and poke it all over
  2. Salt and truss
  3. Roast at 300 degrees for 1 hour, breast-side up
  4. Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast-side down
  5. Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast-side up
  6. Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast side down
  7. Poke, flip, blast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, breast-side up
  8. Brush with glaze
  9. Finish at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes
  10. Rest, carve & serve

1 comment:

  1. March 23, 2020
    I did this sort of.
    I did not truss.
    I got mixed up and turned after half hours the first two times. Then I did an hour. Then I turned and did an hour. I did do the 400 for the finale.
    It was cooked fine and tasted great. I'll do it again.
    Oh, I also poured off the fat and basted with some of it. I cooked it in the glass oven pan and used parchment paper.

    ReplyDelete