Monday, March 6, 2023

CATFISH STIR FRY

 So many times I read a cookbook and never follow a recipe. However, I got this great cookbook from the library and then yesterday we bought a stir fry pan at a yard sale. I picked up some Mississippi farmed catfish today, so I cut up the veggies and Elizabeth did the rest. It is one of the best fish meals I have had recently.

Catfish here is noticibly better than what we buy up North. I don't know why.
The rest involved stir fried carrots, onion, mushroom, red pepper, carrot and a sauce made from chicken broth, corn starch, and low sodium soy sauce,.
It was served over precooked rice made in the Instapot.
I'd forgotten how crispy the veggies come out of a 3 minute stir fry. We have not stir fried in years.
The recipe came out of book called, "Catch of the Day:200+ REcipes for the everyday angler" by Chef John Schumacher. I found a copy on line for $4 and it is on the way. These are perfect recipes for Burden Lake filleted bluegills.



No comments:

Post a Comment