Thursday, March 10, 2022

BEANS CHANA DAL IN INSTAPOT

 I had a fifteen bean mix and put it on the bean setting in the Instapot.  It overcooked and was mash.  I still liked it, but I decided to put it in the blender and make a thick, smooth soup.  That was good too.  Then I added in cooked chana dal to give me something in the soup that was not smooth.  That was good too.  

However, I'll use the slow cooker for beans next time.

aUGUST 9. 2022

chana dal

two cups of beans

four cups of water  (plenty)

garlic powder

Used the bean/chili setting, perhaps a bit too long

I let the steam release for a bit and then manually finished the job

Good, however, perhaps a bit over cooked.

Some recipes called for just 10 minutes.

Sure beats a day using the slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment