Wednesday, February 25, 2015

bacon lettuce tomato

BACON LETTUCE AND TOMATO
Since the low carb no sugar diet I've been craving certain traditional sandwiches. I've done fine with some low carb wraps, but this week I've craved a bacon, lettuce, and tomato with mayo and an old fashioned taste without the multigrain or spelt wrap tastes or textures. I started with strips of the firmer, bottom end of of the hearts of romaine lettuce, added some mayo, mounted halves of grape tomatoes, and then topped with a half slice of crisp thick bacon. I had some of these "sandwiches" open faced and others with another piece of romaine on top, so the lettuce itself substituted for the bread in a sandwich. I liked both. It was just the old fashioned taste and the texture I craved without the carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment