Thursday, February 17, 2022

SHISSHAKI PEPPERS PICKLED

 I was trying to make pepperoncini like in the jars but with no salt, but the fresh pepperoncini peppers are not to be found.  These shissaki are the closest, but they are very mild.  I added in two mild cut up jalapeno peppers.

First I put them down in vinegar and water and spices or garlic and Benson's.

After a couple days, they were not very good.

Then I saw that unlike cucumbers, peppers had to be cooked until tender.  So I cooked them in the mixture with added water and with Salute 21 and one large drop of Dave's Insanity hot sauce to perk them up a bit.

Of course, I rubbed my eye and got the Inanity in it a bit.  Uncomfortable

After a few days, these tasted great.  I miss the salt in pepperoncini, but otherwise the pepper taste and the heat from the Dave's is just great.  Very small drop of Dave's by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment