Monday, May 11, 2020

Bread in a mug

May 21, 2020

This time I doubled the recipe and that cup from Susan held it fine.
I used twice the flour and twice the baking powder and twice the butter.   I did not add corn meal.  I increased the cooking time to 105 seconds and that was enough.
I used the results as "stuffing" with left over turkey.  I put it under the turkey and gelled gravy, then heated it in the microwave.
Great taste with pepper and Benson's
Next time I'll try some thyme as well.
One other new technique was to use an old toothbrush to coat the sides and bottom of the cup so the bread slipped out with no difficulty.



May 11, 2020

BASIC INGREDIENTS

1/3 CUP OF ALMOND FLOUR RAW
A BIT LESS THAN A TEASPOON OF BUTTER
1/2 TEASPOON OF BAKING POWDER
1 EGG - I USED LARGE
Half teaspoon of corn meal (optional)

Cook on high for 90 seconds
Again added a half teaspoon of corn meal.  Next time, I'll try a bit more.
I whisked with a fork in the white bowl and then put it in the tall cups Susan Johnson gave us.  I could double the recipe in these.  I buttered the sides of the cup, and the bread slipped out easily.

I coated it with some white meat turkey I cooked yesterday and some gravy Elizabeth made.  Great lunch.  The bread makes up for no dressing.




March 23
BASIC INGREDIENTS

30 GRAMS  ie  1/3 CUP OF ALMOND FLOUR RAW
10 GRAMS ie A BIT LESS THAN A TEASPOON OF BUTTER
1/2 TEASPOON OF BAKING POWDER
1 EGG - I USED LARGE

This time I received the NO SALT  baking powder in the mail.  I also added in just a bit of corn meal and while that raises the carbs slightly, it did give a better flavor.
Last time I had trouble whisking in the cooking cup, so I whisked in a white bowl and found that it was easy to transfer to the cup.  The result was much better.
I cut the single loaf lengthwise and soaked it in the juices of pork and peppers.  That was very good.  I need to work on ways to avoid the dryness of this bread.
4-14-2019
I forgot the butter.  Still got bread.
Used olive oil spray as nonstick on the cup.  Worked fine.



March 13, 2019

I do have to count the salt and not over eat.  Salt in the baking powder is 5% per small amount serving.   Also, don't whisk in the cooking cup.  It left flour unmixed on the bottom.
This time I double the flour and used two eggs.  I think I could triple the flour and keep two eggs.


December 27, 2018
By mistake tossed in a teaspoon of baking soda along with the baking powder.  It made the bread much lighter and more like regular bread.  I'll do that again. Zero carbs in baking soda.


December 16,2018
Made the standard one egg recipe and had it with a cup of tea in Ashcraft cups.  Put on jelly, first a sugar one left by Cory in Michigan, and then the Smucker's sugar free.  Sugar free just as good,



Version
 April 19  2018
Two eggs, a clump of shredded Mexican cheese, about a quarter cup of sesame, extra butter.  
I used the glass mug and the mixture stayed in the mug.  I needed another 20 seconds of cooking, so set it at 110 seconds.  I sliced the results thin, fried them in olive oil and put the latest pork stew over them.  That worked very well.

Version on Jan 25 2017 -  I used two eggs, about the same baking powder, the same flour, twice the butter and a quarter cup of shredded mozzarella.  I should have used a large cup, but as the mixture topped the one I used, the loaf still stayed in tact.  The loaf was twice the size with the same amount of flour.  I estimate 10 carbs per loaf.  Two slices was plenty so about 3 carbs per serving.
I topped this with cooked tomatoes from the Hernando Farm Market some mozzarella , garlic powder, pepper.  It made a fine breakfast and cooked well in the microwave.  I might try toasting the bread next time and then pouring the mixture over it.
Oh, I did not whisk it, I used the hand beater and may have pushed a bit of air into pockets of the bread so it was not quite as dense as the whisked version.

VERSION 3-6-2018
I used walnut flour, but I don't think it rises as much.  Perhaps I needed to kick a bit more air into it. P used two eggs, some mozzarella cheese, a bit more baking power.  The bread was perfect for a version of French toast with sugar free maple syrup and butter.


INGREDIENTS

30 GRAMS  ie  1/3 CUP OF ALMOND FLOUR RAW
10 GRAMS ie A BIT LESS THAN A TEASPOON OF BUTTER
1/2 TEASPOON OF BAKING POWDER
1 EGG - I USED LARGE


Whisk it all up.
Put it in a coffee mug
microwave on high for 90 seconds.

Overturn cup and the little bread cylinder comes out.  Slice and eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE98gHygT4Y

I don't have measuring spoons and only a 1/2 cup, so I estimated everything I used.  It still turned our great.
I used raw because re referred to making our own flour with almonds.

Here are more of his recipes.
https://headbangerskitchen.com/keto-recipes/https://headbangerskitchen.com/keto-recipes/

Here is my next one to try.
https://headbangerskitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-bread/
https://headbangerskitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-bread/

No comments:

Post a Comment