Wednesday, March 8, 2017

split pea soup

NOTE: I had not realized how high in salt the pea soup is.  I really should have it only in very small doses, if at all




12 oz bad of split peas to 1 and a half quarts of water.
Add in a carrot for flavor
turmeric, black pepper.

slow cook on high until the soup is almost done.  Finish on low.

*******************
Florida March 2017

I had slices of ham left from when Frank visited.  I cut them up and added them into the pea soup mix.  I did add the one and a half quarts of water recommended on the bag of peas, but it was a tad too much water.  Next time try one and an eighth quart.
The carrot was just perfect.  It adds a nice taste to the soup.  Don't add too much carrot.  I put two carrots in the soup, perhaps a bit more.
Three ham slices was more than enough for that flavor.
*****************************************************
September 2019

I had a bone with some meat from cooked pork ribs and tossed that in the pot with one cut up carrot and just a quart and 2 more oz of water.  We'll see how it works.










No comments:

Post a Comment